Free Estimate ASAP
PA Roofing - Local Contractors
The Keystone State is a great State with a variety of people, unique landscapes and plenty of our Nation's history. Historic battlefields, well known early government figures and even the Nation's oldest beer brewery are all found in Pennsylvania (pa). Pennsylvania has a very strong economy and a large population. The two largest cities are Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and the State Capital is Harrisburg, PA. Pennsylvania borders six states and the Great Lake Erie. Pennsylvania has a variety of climates and therefore a variety of roofing materials across the State. Steel roofing and other forms of metal appear often in many western towns and slate or shingles are very typical in the Philadelphia and Harrisburg suburbs.
Your Roof in Pennsylvania
PA is no stranger to cold temperatures and strong winds. Much of the western part of the State endures severe winter weather. PA residents know that protecting a building or home's roof is one of the most important lines of defense against the severe elements. Maintaining your roof can mean a significant energy savings and lower home repairs throughout time as well.
Find the Best Pennsylvania Roofing Contractors
Finding the right roofing contractor in Pennsylvania is made easy by Roofing-Directory.com We specialize in keeping lists of prescreened roofing companies all across America. By requesting a roofing repair install or replacement estimate from our site you are assured of being contacted by Pennsylvania certified and licensed roofing contractors who have experience and expertise.
Pennsylvania Roofing Contractor License Requirements Since July 1, 2009, Pennsylvania has required state licenses for nearly all home improvement contractors, which includes roofing contractors. The Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act (HICPA) sets forth the specifics of who is required to carry a license and the requirements for receiving a license from the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry. The law is enforced by the Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection.
What is Required to Obtain a Roofing Contractor License in Pennsylvania
Are you curious as to what the state puts a contractor through prior to issuing an official Pennsylvania state roofing contractor license?
Pennsylvania defines a roofing contractor as any individual who operates a home improvement business or performs home improvement work, including those working as subcontractors. However, three exemptions are allowed under the law:
1. Any person who performed less than $5,000 in home improvement work in the previous tax year is exempt from the licensing law.
2. Any business that performs home improvements and has a net worth greater than $50 million is exempt. Employees of these businesses who do not perform home improvement work are also exempt.
3. Employees of licensed home improvement businesses are not required to be individually registered unless over $5,000 of home improvement work is performed outside of their employment.
Roofing Contractor Licensing Application
All supporting documentation and fees must accompany a completed application for a contractor license at the time of submission. Applications may be submitted by mail to the following address:
Office of Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer Protection
ATTN: Home Improvement Contractor Registration
15th Floor, Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17120
The information that must be included on the contractor application is as follows:
- Name, aliases, contact information and background of the applicant
- Names and contact information of business officers and partners owning more than a 5 percent interest in the business
- Description of the business
- A list of home improvement licenses issued in other states or countries
- Background disclosures for each person named in the application
- Signature of the applicant
Additional documentation and a nonrefundable fee of $50 in the form of a check or money order must be included with the application. Additional documents are as follows:
- Copy of driver's license or state identification card
- Insurance policy information proving a minimum of $50,000 personal injury liability coverage and $50,000 property damage coverage
Receiving a Roofing Contractor License
Applications may take several weeks to process. If an application is approved, new applicants will receive a contractor registration number that must be displayed on contracts and advertising. Licenses are valid for a period of two years.
Browse By Category
Browse By Sub-Region
Other Selected Pennsylvania Listings
All roofing contractors that contact you by filling out our form have been prescreened by a third party company.
Our PA Roofing Contractors cover the entire State, including the largest cities of: